Okra, popularly called Okro is used in cooking varieties of food depending on the individual in question. It is greenish in colour. It is also known as Lady’s Finger. It belongs to cotton and hibiscus plant family.
Below are the Unique Health benefit Of Okra.
1. Okra reduces the high level of cholesterol in the body. High cholesterol is easily
notice among diabetes patient and okra will be of great help.
2. Okra helps a lot to those who are diabetes because when used appropriately, it
reduces the high rate of sugar in the body.
3.Okra produces vitamin A which is essential for making the eye sight of an individual free from eye related problems.
4. Okra is a plus for the body system because it assists a lot in the area of digestion.
This enables the food to digest properly.
5.It has a lot of nutrients which is nutritious to the body. Examples of such nutrients are vitamin C, vitamin B, magnesium, potassium, copper, phosphorus, iron, manganese, calcium, amino acids.
6. It assists a great deal in terms of weight loss. It enables an individual to reduce in size.
7. There are times when someone would have flu and cold. The best food one can eat as at that point in time would be okra because it is great help.
8. Okra brings constipation to a halt whenever occasion arises.
9.It helps the liver to remove toxic or harmful product from the body system.
10. It assists a great deal in fighting cancer related sicknesses in the body.
11.It provides more calcium to the bones which makes it stronger and healthy.
12. It enables the skin of an individual to be healthy.
13.It acts as immunity to the body system from diseases.
14. It reduces the occurrences of stroke.
15. Cardiovascular diseases are also brought to a halt with the help of okra.
16. It preserves the heart from any diseases related to it.
17.It is of great importance to a pregnant woman and the baby. It produces nutrient needed for the mother and child to be healthy at all times.
18. Okra reduces stress in the body. It is a stress reliever.
19. It acts as an oxidizing agent in the body.
20. Okra reduces bleeding and assists more in blood clotting in the body.
21. It resists the occurrence of anemia from the body.
22. Okra is an antidote for asthma.
23. It helps in the healing of ulcer.
24. Okra acts as protein in the body.
25. It reduces the rate of kidney disease in the body.
Despite all these benefits, it is mostly advisable to consume Okra moderately and not at in high dosage. If high dosage of Okra is taken, it might be of discomfort to the body system and cause ailment.
The following below are the results of taking too much of okra in the body system.
Disadvantages Of Over-consumption Of Okra In Men And Women
1. High dosage of Okra brings infertility in men most especially in the area of the sperm.
2. High dosage in women results to inaccurate menstrual cycle.
3.Excess consumption of Okra may reduce blood clotting in the body.
4. Excess of Okra may increase Kidney problems.
5.Diarrhea may be on the increase when excess okra is consumed.