The question is “what is the meaning of relationship". Relationship can be defined or expressed as mutual understanding between two or more people. It makes the people involved speak with one voice and have little or no misunderstanding.
At first, when two people meet, that is male and female entangled in a relationship, there is a spark of light or discovery that is ignited among the two. There is this mindset that “wow, I have discovered one that touched my heart more than everyone else”. Personal aspirations bring affirmative belief that all is well with the relationship.
But come to think of it. At a point in time, what was seen initially seems to fade away with time. Questions keep coming, without having definite answers. What went wrong along the line? Am I the cause of it or my partner? Is my partner seeing something different in me that I have not yet discovered? Was every action deliberate?
Since definite answers seem to be far fetched, there are some signs to watch out for to ascertain the fact that the relationship is not working or more to say that the relationship in question is over.
Below are some of the signs or ways to know that the relationship is over or would not work.
1. The friendly attitude or normal lifestyle the person has initially with you seemed to fade away gradually. In some cases, the individual in question has a sharp or quick prompt opposite behavior of how he or she used to relate. This is greatly seen in the use of unpleasant body language or attitude that is not welcoming at all.
2. Communication is the bedrock of any relationship. Without this, relationship tends to be misunderstood because of the ineffectiveness of the other partner to really interpret well what the other partner is saying. The communication flow between both parties is not the same compared to what it is was at first.
3. There seems to be more joy and peace of mind in finding comfort from other people other than finding such from the person who suppose to be of such to you which is not a pleasant platform to find one self
4. Despite the fact that there is mutual understanding at first and everything is moving on smoothly, there seems to something left missing. It makes you feel you are not happy or finding fulfillment with the relationship. This feeling makes the whole relationship boring and stressful.
5. The close friendship or familiarity between the two parties gradually becomes difficult to comprehend. If you discover that the other person cannot disclose or intimate you with daily routine or lifestyle as he or she use to do, it means that the relationship is gradually becoming toxic, unpleasant and the other person indirectly means that he or she wants his or her own privacy. This action does not speak well in a relationship.
6. Mutual understanding brings mutual agreement. When there is no mutual understanding, there is more to say that the mutual agreement would not be palatable at all. When you noticed that you and your partner do not agree most of the times. No one is ready to step down for each other. No one is ready to accept each other faulty. No one is willing to make things work out fine. This also is not a good sign at all.
7. When someone is in love, all the flaws, mistakes and shortcomings of his or her partner will not be noticed. No wonder there is a saying that love is blind. Love can really be blind to a fault but it should be well managed so that it could be at the benefit to both parties. When it comes to a point in the relationship where what can or should be overlooked because of love to avoid conflict, now becomes a source of worry to one or both people in the relationship which now results to conflict more frequently. This is now an indication that the relationship is almost hitting the rock and caution must be taken to avert detriment of relationship.
8. It is easily noticeable that when there is conflict in a relationship, either or both parties or people involved tends to love being away from the presence of that person. They prefer to do what really may not be of importance to them just for the sake of being busy. Even if they do something of more important in their life, they would love to sacrifice more on that particular thing, job, hobby or anything and give less time, less regards or less commitment to the relationship or family which is really good at all.
9. Being rejected is the worst thing that can happen to any individual. More to say, when one of the persons involved in this relationship has given more commitment, value, time or sacrificed more the progress of the union and the other party is reluctant to appreciate all the effort being put together. A lot of people who cannot handle it have in one way or the other done some detrimental things somehow. It takes a whole lot to put body, soul and spirit together with a lot of counseling and help from family, friends and love ones to avert negative occurrences in the life of such individual.
10. It is ideal that both people who are in a relationship, confine in each other more so, discuss how to resolve personal issues so as not to instigate quarrel but when confiding in each other becomes a taboo, a feeling of insecurity or not wanting to relate with that particular person, there is bound to be problem.
11. Whenever there is a scenario where one or both partners don not tell each other the truth, the belief, trustworthiness, integrity of the person begins to depreciate either of both parties will never entrust vital information or would not even be of help to each other because the integrity of either or both partners has been tempered with.
12. The relationship is highly at risk and at times detrimental to either or both parties when issues comes up and there is no iota or place of forgiveness in the heart of either or both parties. Both partners are expected to forgive each other for the relationship to soar high and when this is lacking, the outcome of it will not make either party smile at the end of the storm.
13. There is always a feeling of loneliness whenever both individuals happen to come across each other. There is no joy, fulfillment within the space in the heart of that person. There is always a longing of someone to fill that space and this would allow the affected person to find that joy elsewhere and want to be happy at all cost. This is a bad omen for a relationship if this at all takes place.
14. People in love always say intimate words or call themselves names that gladding their heart and whenever this becomes a thing of the past or there is a struggle to say intimate gladding words, it becomes an indicator that things are not falling into places.
15. When love exist and there is always a place in your heart to ask after the well being of the family, job and everything that has to do with your partner but when something like this has happened before and seems not to be existing anymore, it is not a nice story to tell at all. It means that the well being of the other partner means nothing at all.
16. Relationship becomes strong when there is always team work going on between them. When this activity or team spirit or team work gradually fades away, it indicates an omen that is not pleasant at all.
17. The sexual intimacy most especially for couples begins to deteriorate and they give themselves more space in such a way that they do not enjoy their sexual life anymore. The ignition of love that once started that makes them to want to have sexual intimacy with each other which unify the bond of love between them becomes a thing of the past and it definitely is not a good sign of a good relationship at all.
18. When either of the partners begins to observe stress during the relationship and coupled with that always at war with each other, it is not a good sign at all.
19. It is always pity sight to behold that the person who claim to be partner in love does not do anything possible to give all kinds of support, help or assistance one way or the other to ensure that the partner has all it takes to achieve any possible venture or goal in life. The support could be of any kind. Be it financial, moral, motivation or any support anyone would think of. This action not being there is not really good at all.
20. A wrong relationship whenever it is not working well make either or one of the partners involved not make the person feel he or she is not important. Sometimes, the person in question might end up making mistakes that can easily avoided most of the times which is not really pleasant at all.
21. The sense of being inferior is the result that a relationship is not working well at all. This is where a partner never says anything good concerning the other person and for all the time being that the person would be partnering together, inferiority complex will be the order of the day which is not good at all.
22. It is not a funny incident when the words of the mouth do not correspond to what the heart is saying. This goes to show that when one of the partners says something, the other partner would be guessing and may be right enough to determine that the partner in question is lying. This action alone can destroy the mutual trust one has in a relationship.
23. Relationship is always very interesting when there is a give and take system or continuous life pattern existing between them. So if one of the party is always in the habit of taking continuously from his or her partner and not wanting to reciprocate, it means that there is no love from the person in question and if care is not taken at all, the relationship which was in a good state before now might or would suddenly deteriorate with time.
24. The situation when one of the partners cannot have a say in the relationship is nothing to write home about. This is where one would be forced to say no when actually he or she mean to say yes or when the partner want to say yes whereas his or her intentions is to say no. This brings discomfort to the well being to the victim involved and any action being done by the victim involved would be under duress which is not a good sign at all in a relationship that is presumed to be okay.
25. Mutual respect in a relationship is a vital act that must be put at top priority which enables the bond in a relationship to be interesting. When the atmosphere of mutual respect is eroded or removed from a relationship, it becomes a threat to both parties and when this continues, it gets to a stage where they expose themselves in a negative way outside and dirty deeds done outside.
26. Having emotional and romantic relationship outside marriage other than his wife or her husband is an indication that somewhere somehow that the two love birds are in great danger of losing a good relationship when care is not taken seriously.
27. Domestic violence or abuse is a no go area in building a trust worthy relationship. When Domestic abuse is on the high side in a relationship, it therefore indicates that the well being of that relationship is not good at all.
28. When there is a lot of domineering attitude possessed by a partner in relationship, it tends to bring the relationship to a halt. It is more of being a friend with your partner than to dictate at all times.
29. The best part of any relationship is to take your partner for who he or she is but when it comes to where one of the partner or both of them starts to compare each other of how worst or bad the person is to someone out there, there is an indication that all is not well with the relationship.
30. Both partners are meant to stand for each other. Doing this will not allow an intruder to have his or her way but when all is let loose and each of them cannot fight for the interest of one another but leaving the other partner isolated is not really good at all.
The following above are clues to tell you that the relationship ventured into is having turbulent times and requires enough wisdom to tackle the challenges at hand in order for the relationship to be stable.
Though some are relationships are meant to work out fine while other are not meant to work out despite any efforts that would be put in use.
The advise to this is that in order to act right and to make sure that things do not get out of hand, there is tendencies for both couples to come together in order for them to have a rethink on how to make the relationship work out fine but if several efforts to come together in order to settle things out prove abortive or not forth coming then there is need for both of them to go to any counselor or someone both of them have high reference or regards to for them to get counsel and by then all things will be well and negative occurrences will be duly averted.